Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Annabelle (2014): A Brief Movie Review


Are you afraid of dolls? Come on, admit it, you are among friends here. I'm not a fan of dolls staring at me as I fall asleep. Somehow I instinctively know they are somewhat resentful as they scheme and bide their time for........




Annabelle, a prequel to The Conjuring, begins with a Manson cult style home invasion in the home of expecting couple Mia and John. The subsequent skirmish transfers a demon to a recently acquired doll aptly named Annabelle. The tone of the story is reminiscent of the movie Rosemary's Baby though not as intense and is relatively weaker.

I sometimes got the feeling that a more convincing performance from Mia (Annabelle Wallis), would have made the movie more plausible, though she did have great screen presence. There are some good jump scenes though most were spoiled if you watched the trailer.

All in all I've seen worst but only hardcore horror fans may enjoy it. Luckily I am.

Grade C



3 comments :

  1. "A good indepth and informative article, by the way I am using www.mediajist.com, to get the best entertainment with action adventure ebooks. I am sharing this through this great platform with others.
    Best Regards,"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very comprehensive and informative explanation. Thank you for this amazing post. Love your work!
    Business

    ReplyDelete